Gentle Teaching is the philosophy the HOME Society embraces, this approach is not selective in its application and is at the core of all that we do. At the Home Society we do not view those we support as broken and in need of repair, but rather as complete individuals with gifts and warmth and laughter to share. We create a culture of gentleness and unconditional love, a culture of relationships and reciprocal acceptance. We do not use the tools of behavior modification…restraint, time-out and consequences, but rather the genuine tools of gentleness….our words…our presence…our eyes…..our touch.
- Knowledge of the community
- Commitment to our organization’s mission and strategic directions
- A commitment of time
- Openness to learning
- Knowledge of housing, real estate development, homelessness, finance, business, media, fund development and prior board experience is an asset
- The Board of Directors are collectively accountable to the community, funders and other stakeholders.
- They are accountable for the Society’s performance in relation to its mission and strategic objectives and for the effective stewardship of financial and human resources.